Frontline Plus Feline
INERT INGREDIENTS 78.4%
Frontline General Description:
FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR CATS provides fast, effective and convenient treatment and control of fleas, ticks and chewing lice for cats and kittens.
- Stops and prevents infestations
- Kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae
- Prevents all flea stages (eggs, larvae, pupae) from developing
- Kills fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis
- Kills all stages of deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease), brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, and lone star ticks
- Prevents and controls reinfestations
- Rapidly eliminates infestations with chewing lice
- Can also be used on breeding, pregnant and lactating queens
- Convenient to use
FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR CATS contains fipronil and the insect growth regulator (IGR) (S)-methoprene.
FRONTLINE® PLUS effectively targets all stages of fleas. Fipronil collects in the oils of the skin and hair
follicles, and continues to be released from hair follicles onto the skin and coat, resulting in long-lasting activity
against fleas, ticks and chewing lice.
Direction for using Frontline Plus Feline:
It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not allow children to apply product. TO PREVENT HARM TO YOU AND YOUR PET, READ ENTIRE LABEL AND DIRECTIONS BEFORE EACH USE. FOLLOW ALL DIRECTIONS AND PRECAUTIONARY STATEMENTS CAREFULLY. USE ON CATS ONLY. DO NOT USE ON RABBITS. DO NOT USE ON OTHER ANIMALS.
To kill fleas, and all stages of brown dog ticks, American dog ticks, lone star ticks, and deer ticks (which may carry Lyme disease) and chewing lice, apply to cats and kittens (8 weeks or older) as follows: Remove applicator from child-resistant package. Hold applicator upright and snap applicator tip away from face and body. Place applicator tip through animal’s hair to the skin level between the shoulder blades. Squeeze applicator, applying entire contents in a single spot to the animal’s skin. Avoid superficial application to the animal’s hair. Only one applicator per treatment is needed. FRONTLINE PLUS FOR CATS can also be used for the treatment and control of flea, tick and chewing lice infestations on breeding, pregnant and lactating queens.
Frequency of Application:
When used monthly, FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR CATS completely breaks the flea life cycle and controls tick and chewing lice infestations. Research demonstrates that FRONTLINE® PLUS kills adult fleas, flea eggs, and flea larvae for up to six weeks. FRONTLINE® PLUS also prevents development of all flea stages for up to six weeks. FRONTLINE® PLUS kills ticks for at least one month. A once monthly application is recommended where tick control is needed. Although FRONTLINE® PLUS can control fleas for up to six weeks, if there is a high risk of reinfestation or if the pet has fleas which may cause flea allergy dermatitis, a once monthly application may be needed. FRONTLINE® PLUS FOR CATS remains effective even after bathing, water immersion, or exposure to sunlight. Avoid contact with treated area until dry. Do not reapply FRONTLINE® PLUS for 30 days.
Storage and Disposal:
Do not contaminate water, food, or feed by storage and disposal.
STORAGE. Store unused product in original container only, out of reach of children and animals.
PESTICIDE DISPOSAL. If partly filled: Call your local solid waste agency or 1-800-CLEANUP for
disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
CONTAINER DISPOSAL. If empty: Do not reuse this container. Place in trash or offer for recycling if
- Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor, or going for treatment.
- IF SWALLOWED: Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control center or doctor. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
- IF IN EYES: Flush eyes with plenty of water. Call a doctor if irritation persists.
- IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. Get medical attention if irritation persists.
Precautionary Statements about Frontline Plus Feline:
HAZARDS TO HUMANS. CAUTION:
Harmful if swallowed. Causes eye irritation. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with
soap and water after handling.
HAZARDS TO DOMESTIC ANIMALS:
For external use only. Do not use on kittens under 8 weeks of age. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may
occur after using any pesticide product. Pets may experience some temporary irritation at the site of product
application. If signs persist, or become more severe within a few days of application, consult a veterinarian
immediately. Certain medications can interact with pesticides. Consult a veterinarian before using on
medicated, debilitated or aged animals. Call 1-800-660-1842 for 24-hour assistance.
PHYSICAL OR CHEMICAL HAZARDS:
COMBUSTIBLE: Do not use or store near heat or open flame.