Must be shipped overnight.
What is Humulin N 100 units/ml?
Humulin N Insulin is a hormone injection used to control blood glucose (sugar) in animals suffering from diabetes mellitus and hyperglycemia. Humulin N is a long-acting form of insulin that is slightly different from other forms of insulin that are not man-made.
Consult your veterinarian before using Humunlin N in your cat or dog.
Why use Humulin N 100 units/ml?
- Controls glucose levels in diabetic animals
- Rapid improvement in blood glucose levels
- An intermediate-acting insulin with a slower onset of action and a longer duration of activity than most insulin on the market.
Humulin N is a crystalline suspension of human insulin with protamine and zinc providing an immediate-acting insulin with a slower onset of action and a longer duration of activity up to 24 hours.
How is Humulin N 100 units/ml sold?
Each vial of Humulin N contains 100 units/mL of insulin. U-100 insulin syringes MUST BE USED WITH Humulin to adminster the correct dose
What are the side effects of Humulin N 100 units/ml?
- A skin reaction at the site of the injection
- Skin thickening or pitting at the site of the injection
- Low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia) if too much is taken
- High blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia) if too little is taken
What special precautions are there?
It is important to use the correct insulin syringe. 100 units/ml insulin (U-100) requires a 100 unit syringe.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your nearest emergency animal hospital.
How can I store Humulin N 100 units/ml?
Not in-use (unopened): Humulin N bottles not in-use should be stored in a refrigerator, but
not in the freezer.
In-use (opened): The Humulin N bottle you are currently using can be kept unrefrigerated as
long as it is kept as cool as possible [below 86°F (30°C)] away from heat and light.
Do not use Humulin N after the expiration date stamped on the label or if it has been