**SNAP TESTS ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE THROUGH PETRESCUERX**
**Check out the cost saving Witness FeLV/FIV test from Zoetis. No refrigeration required. Click on the Witness FeLV/FIV test shown on the right side of the page to order. Indiviual tests available to purchase.**
SNAP Combo Plus FeLV Ag/FIV Ab test is an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for the simultaneous detection of feline leukemia virus (FeLV) antigen and antibodies to feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) in feline serum, plasma or whole blood. The detection of the FeLV group-specific viral antigen (p27) is diagnostic for FeLV infection. The detection of specific antibodies directed to FIVgag or env(gp40) proteins indicates the animal has been exposed to the FIV virus and is indicative of an active FIV infection. The SNAP Combo Plus FeLV Ag/FIV Ab assay utilizes antibodies to FeLVp27, inactivated FIVgag and env(gp40) antigens, and positive and negative controls.
Precautions and Warnings:
- Use a separate sample tube and transfer pipette for each test.
- During manufacturing the bioactive spots are dyed for quality control purposes. This does not interfere with the test results or interpretation.
- All waste should be properly decontaminated prior to disposal.
- Do not use components past expiration date.
- Do not mix components from kits with different lot numbers.
- The SNAP device must be in a horizontal position on a flat surface while performing test.
- Do not use a SNAP device that has been activated prior to the addition of sample.